Thursday, August 15, 2013

Day 3!

Well, Day 2 was a BUST. Planned on running, didn't happen. Planned on crunches, didn't happen. Which made me realize, I need something more concrete than just 40 days -- I need a plan. 

Zig Ziglar (the legendary motivational speaker) did something similar, and he talks about it, here:



Zig says...
1. Write down your goal.
2. Put a date on it.
3. List obstacles.
4. List who I need to work with to make it happen.
5. Write a plan of action.
6. Identify all the benefits of reaching the goal.

Ok, Zig. Here you go. . .
GOAL

  • Lose 15 pounds in 40 Days -- that would put me at 185. And then ~30 lbs. by day 59. 

DATE

  • 15 pounds by September 20; 30 pounds by October 9 (my birthday). If this starts to become unreasonable (or unhealthy), I'll adjust. 

OBSTACLES

  • Sitting for hours and hours each week for work, traveling for work, eating healthy, eating TOO MUCH, temptation to not work out, laziness, exhaustion, etc. 

PARTNERS

  • Lindy (my wife), Craig (good friend) and my family. 

PLAN OF ACTION

  • Work out at least 3 days ON 1 day OFF. Eat less. Eat more healthy. Set up a calendar to have a more organized work out / eating regimen. 
BENEFITS
  • Feel more healthy. 
  • Look more healthy. 
  • Have more energy. 
  • Old clothes fit! 
  • Encourage others. 
  • Have fun. 
What would you add? Other benefits to losing weight / living a more healthy lifestyle? Any tips??


No comments: