Monday, November 23, 2009

Mario is real cool.


This is Mario and he is the coolest 13 year old that I know. A few weeks ago he came up to me after class with a poster telling me that his band has a concert coming up and I was like, I will definitely be there.
I show up to the concert alone because the other language assistant Jenny wasn't able to go with me because she had the flu (hopefully not passed on from me... :\ ). Anyways, the point is I was going to this 13 year old kids concert alone and needless to say I felt a little out of place. Luckily, a girl that I knew was there so I was able to sit by her and seem a little less inconspicuous. However, all of my other 13 year old students were there so I wasn't able to dodge the "Hey Michael (spanish accent)!! Is that your girfriend???" ha. hilarious.
The concert starts and I quickly find out that Mario is by far the youngest kid in this jazz group with a bunch of 16 and 17 year old Spanish guys and he can ROCK on the bass. He had a couple solos, and was not missing the "I can rock" face when he was playing the bass. 

--------------------

Ese es Mario y él es el más chulo chico que tiene 13 años que yo conozco. Hace unas semanas, después clase él me dijo que tiene un concierto, y yo dije, ¨Iré definativamente.¨
 
Fui al concierto solo porque el otro asistente no pudo ir porque ella tenía la gripe (¡Espero que ella no reciba de yo!). El punto es que yo fui a un concierto de un chico que tiene 13 años y sentía un poco extraño. Afortunadamente, encontré una chica que yo conozco y senté con ella. Sin embargo, hubo mis otros alumnos allí que tienen 13 años y ellos decían, ¨¡Michael! ¿¿¿Es ella tu novia????¨jaja, muy divertido.


El concierto empezó y yo realizaba que Mario es el más joven en el grupo de jazz - los otros chicos tienen 16 y 17 años y Mario es muy impresionante en el bajo. Él tenía unos pocos solos en el bajo, y era muy profesional.


No comments: